Labels

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Preparing For The Pregnancy No Nos


There are things in life I choose not to partake in.  Not really for moral reasons as some people believe, but merely because I find it unappealing and in some cases illogical or just far too expensive.  Granted, some things are completely for moral reasons, but I'm not talking about those types of things today.

There are also some things in life I find tolerable and occasionally enjoyable that in the coming months will be off limits. 

And there is nothing quite like the thought of NOT being able to have some things to make you want a last round of those things.

It started last week when I got the exciting news that I could be knocked up in 2.5 weeks.  There are some things as a pregnant lady you should avoid (and in my case actually contractually obligated to avoid).  Some of these things I would typically avoid anyway like smoking.

However, there have been a few moments where I’ve enjoyed (well sort of enjoyed) things over the last few days that I may have normally chose not to.

Like on Friday while hanging out with some of my AMAZING friends I tried a caramel apple martini (caramel vodka and apple juice).  HOLY MONKEY! I felt the vodka burn the whole way down after 1 drink and thought…so this is what it’s like to drink hard liquor.  Not a fan.  I’m also a wuss and lightweight and I’m ok with that.  I don’t get alcohol its expensive and tastes funny.

Or on Saturday (and yesterday morning actually) enjoying some nice shrimp (seafood will soon be out of my diet).  Yum, and thank you Neya for breakfast.  Seafood I get.  As long as you are shrimp, crab, or tuna…everything else is a nasty.

Or the last few meals out where I would normally drink water I’ve actually ordered a soda.  A nice cold glass of water is SO much better than a soda, but I guess I should enjoy the caffeine while I can.  I won’t drink coffee though becuase, well… that’s just ludicrous and disgusting.
 
So as I "prep" for what's to come I get more excited.  And the more excited I get the harder I pray for a healthy easy pregnancy, and more importantly a perfect, healthy baby (babies) for my IP.

No comments:

Post a Comment