Labels

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Nobody Really Likes Prunes (true story)



I’ll say I don’t like prunes because I assume that is true.  I have never actually eaten them and have no desire to change that. So I’ll just say I don’t like them.


I am 10 weeks and 3 days along in this pregnancy carrying 2 prune sized girls.  Seeing their big heads and stubby arms and legs wiggling in an ultrasound today I sat baffled.  I mean, I’ve seen this before.  I just truly don’t understand how that living, growing, squirming child is “less than human” to anyone.  If you are one of them I am telling you, I DON’T GET YOU.  That doesn’t mean I don’t love you, I just don’t get it.  Then the doctor switches to the heartbeat and the fast flutter of those heartbeats causes pulses on the monitor and then there is that sound.  THAT SOUND you just never understand until you hear it.



And then there is that moment that is SO unique to surrogacy and SO exciting.  


Pure joy and excitement for the Mommy and Daddy to be.  I lay there almost giddy.  Look at those little girls squirm.  Listen to those hearts race.  Those are THEIR BABIES!  All I want to do is call them and let them see and hear that ultrasound screen. They are going to get to hold those precious girls in their arms in just a few months.   I can’t wait for that moment.  


That moment when you get to feel the relief of “It was worth it”.


It was worth the 1-4 injects a day for 4 months causing a bruised rump.


It was worth the constant nausea for 4 weeks (and counting – yes that means it is not gone yet)


It was worth the exhaustion as those growing girls suck out all of my life juices.


It was worth the heartburn, back aches, headaches, contractions, and whatever else is to come.


And then the doctor finishes the ultrasound and life returns to normal.  I’m back to work on the verge of puking or falling asleep while standing at any given moment.  


BUT I didn’t leave without hearing some of the most glorious words every come out of the doctor’s mount first:


“You are now done with injections.”


PRAISE THE LORD! ::happy dance::
4 months of needles/syringes


PRAYER REQUESTS:

·         That with the medication ending my nausea goes with it

·         That I get some energy back so I can feel like a normal human being

·         That these girls continue to grow HEALTHY with no problems

·         That my family can be an example of Christ to my IP (intended parents) and their family



DISCLAIMER aka THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

Click here for my Surrogacy FAQ. As always PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact Justin or I if you have questions or concerns. We are open and willing to share everything

No comments:

Post a Comment