Labels

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Let’s Talk About Bugs


So much of my life the last couple of days has been impacted by creepy crawly things.  I’m totally over exaggerating, but still.

The most devastating news… my van is a death trap.  2 weeks ago, I got an awesome (new to me) van.  It’s silver, and shiny, and has about 100 buttons and comfy leather seats.  The best part is, because Justin and I live on an insanely tight budget we had enough money saved to pay for it in cash!

BUT things didn’t stay so pretty.  It started with an ant infestation. How does that even happen? One day I was taking groceries out of my car and found ants in the back. Just a few so I didn’t think anything of it.  But every day since, when getting in the car, I squish 2-3 ants that are walking across my steering wheel, or climbing up my leg, or crawling down the seat.  Ugh. How long before they die of starvation? It’s a brand-new car! There aren’t even crumbs for them to live off of.  That’s not even the worst! On the way to work on Tuesday I saw a HUGE spider web and right smack dab in the middle of it a large spider. Like 50 cent piece big.  And a Google search later I determined it must be a brown widow.  So, I’m pretty sure after it finishes eating all of the ants its going to find and attack me (I can’t find it – I tried).

Now I’m going to just complain so feel free to stop reading and end on the scary fact my van is trying to kill me.

Then there was the whole “we’re spraying your apartment for pests” letter.  Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate the fact that my complex is being pro-active and keeping AWAY the creepy crawlies, but their list of things to do is insane.  By 9am we had to …
  •         empty our closets and put everything on our bed – this meant we wouldn’t be able to sleep on our beds if I did it early, so we had to wait until we woke up the morning of. Because getting the kids up, ready for school, and out the door in time in the morning isn’t hard enough as it is.

  •         empty all of our kitchen cabinets and place everything on our kitchen table – this meant our kitchen table (and kitchen really) were un-usable. Since I know from experience this takes a couple of hours to do I didn’t have the luxury of waiting until the morning of to do this. AND since we have church the night before it meant doing a lot of it during the day before which meant I had to eat dinner out (which we didn’t have money for because I already spent all of our budgeted food money for the week), nobody go breakfast this morning, and since I can’t re-enter my apartment until after 6PM it means dinner out again tonight.

  •         empty out all of the bathroom cabinets (no complaints about this one)

  •         move all furniture a foot away from the wall.  You know, all the massive bookshelves we have full of games and books, and bunk beds, and other furniture all anchored to the wall.  After a long conversation with the apartment manager she said I didn’t have to this one (yay)

BUT at least the crawling beasts infesting my car won’t be in my house. So that’s a bonus.  AND after venting (let’s be honest, totally complaining) to a coworker he blessed us with a gift card to cover dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment