Labels

Sunday, August 19, 2018

We Like Games

So, as I was prepping to write a rant about setting kids up for failure by putting an insane amount of pressure on them starting in elementary school, I realized something.

I've totally been super negative lately.

Or maybe I just feel negative because I'm tired and grumpy.

Instead, I forced myself to think...what were some highlights this week.  It was easy.

Games + Friends

Once a month we have a group of friends gather around our kitchen table and we board game it up.  I look forward to this night. I stole the idea from a friend from Highs School that was doing monthly game nights. Thanks Howard and Philicia (and gratz on the adorable new baby)!

I mean, board games are amazing and I'm glad we have a wall of them.  Some people buy book shelves for books, I feel sorry for those people. Obviously bookshelves are made for games. We need a wall of them...maybe we should start working on a 2nd wall.

We have card games, board games, dice games, strategy games, resource games, dungeon crawlers, fast games, long games, party games, kids games, competitive games, and co-op games.  We have video games too, but the lack of good multi-player games in the last few years is rather disappointing.

Do you like games? Cool, lets hang out.  Really.  It's an open invitation (if you don't mind the chaos of 3 kids running around in the background).  I will even occasionally cook for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment