Labels

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Day 6 of 18 (Iowa to Wisconsin)

From:Cedar Falls, IA

To: Green Bay, WI

Miles Driven: 414 Today / 2863 Total

Miles Hiked: 2 Today / 4.5 Total 

Alright, hear me out. I really do like our hikes. We try to keep them at 3 miles or less a day. However, hiking when you feel like poo is NOT fun.  If I took naps on the drive I find that I have a window of about an hour or two where I feel semi-normal.  So I napped. We went to Effigy Mounds National Monument for a gorgeous hike. Like really pretty guys, but about half way my body let me know it was done. This was our first hike of this trip that involved some pretty big elevation change right at the front of the hike too. Sally was not having it either.

SO Sally, Eli (just because he was "bored"), and I headed back down early. Justin and the other girls continued their hike and got some awesome pictures.

After our hike we headed to Milwaukee to eat at the Lakefront Brewery. Their garlic ranch is amazing. We crossed the grand ol' Mississippi river which I didn't realize was the Mississippi at first. I smart. 

Then to Green Bay to sleep. Oh dear pillow, we will be best friends tonight. I'm really hoping to shake whatever is going on so I can fully participate in this trip. Ugh.


















No comments:

Post a Comment