Labels

Saturday, August 31, 2019

10 Days To Go - The Bruise

I'm postponing Jordan's story for now to share the not-so-exciting part about surrogacy. Probably the worst part by far.

The injections.

WARNING there will be a picture of a portion of a very small portion of my rear end.

27 shots in 19 days. Saying it that way doesn't seem so bad actually.

Looking at it my sharps container isn't all that bad either.


Up until today, they had been going pretty well. The injections go in the upper/outter quadrant of your butt cheeks. Each side was speckled with small pin prick holes like a cluster of small red freckles.

Super cute.

But something went terribly wrong. I'm guessing I hit a blood vessel, but I don't really know how this all works.

I remember the first time they walked me through the injections and then they were like, "and now go home and do it for the first time completely unsupervised-untrained idiot" (that's not what they said, but that's how it felt). I prepped the needle and was like, how can these trained professionals trust somebody they walked through 2 minutes of training with stab themselves with real medication for the next several weeks?

But I did (well I told Justin how to do it).  I think sometimes the lack of really knowing what we are doing shows.  And it looks like this (for reference its slightly bigger than a quarter).



It looks significantly worse than it feels. It actually hurts no more or less then the other side that remains freckle faced.  The worst part is trying to find space around it to do the next shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment