Labels

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cookies


I enjoy baking.  To clarify I enjoy baking cookies.  I don’t really enjoy baking much else. 
As I’ve talked about before Tuesday night in our house is typically baking night so the girls and I usually bake cookies.  Sometimes brownies.
I use the EASIEST recipe in the world to make some yummy cookies.
Literally:
1 box of cake mix (any flavor)
½ Cup of Oil
2 Eggs
Then I just add ingredients as I feel led to make them interesting.  Since Justin has been gone with the kids for a couple of days I took last night to just bake for the heck of it.  And I as I tried a new recipe I thought I wanted to capture somewhere all of the different kinds I have made so my list is below.
I’ve also decided I want to try 1 new cookie combination a month until the end of the year.  Because as most of you know when Christmas comes so do LOTS of cookies and I’d like to add a few new recipes to the mix.
So without further ado, here’s what we have so far:
Lemon Cookies
Lemon Cake Mix rolled in Powdered Sugar
Mixed Berry Cookies
Strawberry Cake Mix with ¼ cup Mixed Berry Jelly rolled in Powdered Sugar
Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Strawberry Cake mix with White Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Butter Recipe Cake Mix with Chocolate Chips
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Butter Recipe Cake Mix with 1 Smashed Banana and Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
(Dark) Chocolate Cake Mix with 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup with:
1. 1-2 Tablespoons Mint Extract with Chocolate Chips
2. 1-2 Cups Andes Mints chopped up
Strawberry Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Dark) Chocolate Cake Mix with 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup with 1-2 Tablespoons Strawberry Extract with White Chocolate Chips (I may try this again using some strawberry preserves instead of extract)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
(Dark) Chocolate Cake Mix with 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup with Reeces Peanut Butter Chips
Apple Cinnamon Cookies
Butter Recipe Cake Mix with 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon and 1 Granny Smith Apple Finely Chopped
Apple Butterscotch Chip Cookies
Butter Recipe Cake Mix with 1 Granny Smith Apple Finely Chopped and Butterscotch Chips
Caramel Apple Cookies (fail)
Butter Recipe Cake Mix with 1 Granny Smith Apple Finely Chopped and Caramel Chips (the caramel chips become hard after cookies cool and make the cookies hard instead of soft and chewy)
Chocolate Caramel Cookies (fail)
(Dark) Chocolate Cake Mix with 1 Granny Smith Apple Finely Chopped and Caramel Chips (the caramel chips become hard after cookies cool and make the cookies hard instead of soft and chewy)
Snickerdoodle Cookies
French Vanilla Cake Mix rolled in Cinnamon Sugar
Sugar Cookies
Butter Recipe Cake Mix rolled in Sugar (or powdered sugar)

No comments:

Post a Comment