Labels

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My First Real Update


So on October 21st the official signature was signed and I am officially matched with couple!  For privacy reasons I can’t give much detail at all, but I can say this couple has struggled with some difficult circumstances and I am extremely blessed and honored to be able to help them have their baby!
Justin and I had our blood drawn today to test for infectious diseases.  For me this was the first real glimpse of the process starting…my first “procedure”.
I start birth control tomorrow so they can adjust my…cycle (is that a gentle enough way to say it for those boys that read?).  The intended parent’s (IP) lawyer is drafting the legal contract so hopefully I’ll see that soon.  From what I can tell this should be done within the next couple of weeks.  Once it’s signed the real fun can begin.
By fun, I really don’t mean fun unless you think jamming yourself with needles of various sizes is enjoyable.  I personally do not find this gratifying.  Well, maybe I do and I just don’t realize it yet since I’ve never done it. Regardless, I fully intend on having Justin do the stabbing.  The process is in motion! I’ve waited to post because it hasn’t quite felt real yet.  Not even really now.
I’m worried to tell people and get all excited just to have something fall through so I have to say “just kidding” to you guys.  But despite my reservations I’m sharing because I know you guys love me and want to know.  And I know you guys are praying for me which is incredible.  So even though part of me is nervous to share news that may end up being non-news I will continue to keep you all in the loop.
My next post will most likely be about my schedule which I should get when I start the jabbing and stabbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment