Labels

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What Does the Fox Say?


E.x.h.a.u.s.t.i.n.g

That pretty much sums up the last couple of weeks.  It’s been one of those times in my life where everything is sucking away all I have left right now.

Emotionally

Spiritually

Physically

Don’t get me wrong…I have had much more exhausting times in my life and this is really a walk in the park compared to some other times.  I just decided I really hate the expression “walk in the park”.  It’s supposed to mean something is easy, but have you ever just “walked” in the park with 3 kids in tow?  There’s not much walking and much more chasing and yelling and crying.

Anyway I’m here to tell you a story…well no…it’s not a story.  I guess I could make it a story.

Once upon a time there was a girl (FYI “once” and “upon” are in Taylor’s list of sight words this week and whenever she reads them she adds “a time”).  This girl wanted to be a teacher, but instead took a boring job at a bank.  She didn’t want to work at a bank, but it made the most sense for that time in her life.

She grew to love her job.  She grew to love the people she worked with.  She grew to love the place she worked at.  While working there she made some of the most amazing friendships.  She cherished these people and relationships.

Then the layoff of 2013 happened (that is what I am calling it).  She worried about losing her job.  Not because she’d be jobless…that would work itself out, but because it meant she may no longer work with those people that she had grown to love.  Layoff Day came and the hearts of her friends at work were heavy as they all watched people leaving.

But then just a few days later she was reminded about the strength of those relationships.   When she was able to have dinner and play games with some friends.  Some friends that she used to work with and had moved on to different things in life (FYI they were not part of the layoff of 2013 and had in fact left the bank several years earlier).  They ate, they laughed, they chased their kids around and enjoyed their evening. 

So really the point of this story is I HAVE THE MOST AWESOME FRIENDS! Have I said that recently? Because I do.  And I had an amazing time with the Blakes and Brovers a couple of weeks ago and found myself at one point thinking about how blessed I was to get this job at a bank that I never thought I wanted.  About how blessed I was that this job has brought amazing people into my life that I can share life and experiences with.

Word.

And I did not do a good job about getting pictures of the 6 adults and 8 children that crammed into my tiny apartment (THANK YOU to all my friends that are willing to cram themselves into my tiny apartment and hike several blocks to actually get to my apartment).
And if you haven't noticed...the title of this blog seems to not relate in any way to the actual blog content...but rest assured...it makes sense to a few of us.

But here are some of the pictures we did get.  Can these kids get any stinkin’ cuter?




 
And in case you were wondering, Elijah was not naked...just barely closed in his cute little spiderman underpants (on inside out).

No comments:

Post a Comment