Labels

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Little Fig


This week their baby girl is the size of a fig… another fruit I am not very familiar with.  I mean I know what it is, but it’s not like I have ever actually bought one before unless it came in the form of a cookie.
FYI: Costco has this awesome little box of fig bars that come in yummy flavors.  I hate fig bars, these are tolerable though.
Every morning (well most mornings) my alarm goes off at 5 AM and I shovel one of those bars into my mouth as quickly as possible before my stomach is awake enough to know/realize I’m nauseous.  I then fall back asleep for 30-45 minutes when I have to quickly run to the bathroom and remove half of that bar from my body. 
A long shower after that and I have about an hour of energy in me to get dressed and ready for my day.
Since I’m no longer seeing the fertility doctor and have graduated to my OB I won’t have very many pictures for you guys anymore.  Eventually I’ll get more belly pictures on here…when there is actually a belly to show. For now I’m at the awkward stage where my mostly normal belly fat is bulging slightly more than normal and people that know I’m pregnant make comments about how they can “see the baby bump” that is really the same size it has been for the last 3 years so really what they are saying is “oh, look at your little ball of fat”.  I could be typical woman and find that insulting, but honestly I’ve had 3 stinking babies and I’ll take that little ball of fat.
My pants are just tight enough they are getting uncomfortable so I’ve purchased a couple of those elastic bands so I can walk around with my pants unbuttoned and slightly unzipped and nobody knows…well now everyone knows, but still won’t judge me.
I’m 11 weeks and 1 day today.  I’m looking forward to the end of this first trimester assuming that the nausea goes away with it.  I want to eat and enjoy food.  Food tastes so much better when you’re prego and I am very much looking forward to the day in this pregnancy where I get to enjoy that part of pregnancy.
Things have been better in that area, not great, but better.
Prayer Requests for the little she-fig (and others):
1.       The baby continues to grow and develop as she should (we need a healthy well developed baby!)

2.       That I can continue to eat and begin to eat more to get the baby what she needs

3.       That the IP (intended parents) continue to see Christ through me

4.       For my dear and amazing friend who had a positive home pregnancy test (blood work today).  That her baby(ies) grow healthy and strong for her IP!
I also wanted to say thank you again for the massive amount of support from my friends.  I truly do cherish you guys and am so grateful to have you praying for me, praying with me, and talking with me as I work my way through this very new experience.  I have the best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment