Labels

Family Life (78) Surrogacy (66) Rachael (42) So Sayith... (22) Justin (15) Jordan (14) Taylor (12) Elijah (5) Nerdness (3) Adoption (2)

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Little Kidney Bean

I have been a horrible blogger.  That happens from time to time.  It happens mostly at time when:

1.       I take time off work (I usually blog on my breaks at work)

2.       I am so busy at work I work through my breaks (don’t tell my boss – she’d get mad at me)
Recently it’s been the latter.  I don’t like the word latter.  I think I really just don’t like double “t” words.  They sound mean.

Anyway, so here is a 3 day late blog on what happened at my last ultrasound.
Baby 1 is continuing to grow at a healthy and expected pace (thank you all for our prayers!)

Baby 2 is continuing to grow (which surprised the doctor), but it’s not “developing” so it’s not like all of a sudden the heart will start beating.  He said right now it really is just a ball of tissue more like a tumor and not a baby.
As far as my HORRIBLE nausea that caused me to swirl into a mini bout of sadness and woe I have interesting news.

When I blogged on New Year’s Eve I asked for prayer that I would wake up on New Year’s Day feeling completely normal.  It was one of those completely unrealistic prayer requests and a desperate attempt to force myself to feel like there was a light at the end of the toilet bowl.
Well… it happened (mostly).  I woke up New Year’s Day and I could eat!  I still feel pretty icky from time to time, but on a whole I feel pretty normal.  I am exhausted, but able to eat and even do some normal people things.  YAY!

So here is a picture of the baby(ies??).  The picture is the baby at 8 weeks 2 days (Monday) and the size of a Kidney bean...so "they" say.  I don't know who "they" is, but I assume its one of the 5 people in the world that actually eat Kidney Beans.
 
 
And a promise that I plan on writing more frequently in the near future and that I will be far more interesting than I have been lately.   It’s a plan…but I make a lot of plans before life gets in the way.

Soon to come:
·         Taylor is turning 7 on Saturday (WHAT??)
·         Justin has an obsession with Super Glue
·         Cravings of HUGE green salads for dinner and mounds of veggie loaded pasta salad for lunch…every day…mmmmm (feel free to make me pasta salad anytime – this is an invitation)
·         What happened for HoliDavis and New Year’s Eve?

And Prayer Requests
·         Baby continues to grow and thrive and be HEALTHY
·         My nausea becomes a distant memory so the pills several times a day can stop
·         For my friend who is having her Transfer on 1/17 (Embryo Transfer / IVF / She’s a Surrogate too and she’s amazing and I love her so stinking much)

No comments:

Post a Comment