Labels

Friday, April 10, 2015

1...2...3...?



Just this morning I got the awesome chance to be in the room as my sister surrogate had her first ultrasound.  Her results are her business and won’t share those, but it was pretty awesome to be there and watch as somebody waited to hear how many babies were growing in her belly.  The whole room was quiet and anticipation on faces as the count began.

Then it was my turn.  Now after having several babies, especially some that are not yours the whole “privacy” thing seems sort of silly.  During birth I had friends and family see my lady parts…some of them for the first time… and I’m sure it wasn’t a pretty picture.  HOW could it be?!  You also have all sorts of doctors and nurses looking at your nether regions…sticking things in there…stretching things…

So at this point, when it comes to baby related processes it doesn’t really matter much who is in the room, so if you were wondering if it was awkward to have 1 doctor, 2 nurses, and 1 other surrogate in the room…it was not.

So I lay there staring intently at the ultrasound screen as the doctor began to count.  Now to be honest, as soon as the ultrasound started I saw 2 “bubbles”.  But that doesn’t mean there are 2 babies.  1 could not be developing.

But that was not the case this time.  There were 2 babies at the appropriate developmental stage.  And the doctor says there is a 90% chance they will both continue to grow.

So ladies and gentleman, it looks like I’m having twins.

I’ve been freaking out about the thought of twins UNTIL last week.  When my hCG numbers were high and the thought of triplets crossed my mind.  AND THEN I get an hCG number at 15,000 this week and start to seriously consider that one of those embryos split into two and I was having triplets.  So it’s funny how knowing now there are twins is rather a relief.  2 is FAR better than 3.  So I went from being terrified of having twins to excitement that is ONLY twins.



PRAYER REQUESTS

  • My nausea sticks to mornings.  So far so good, mostly

  • These babies are HEALTHY and growing normally

  • That I will NOT need to go on bed rest, that I will NOT have to miss extra work, and that I will NOT need a C-Section

  • That my family can be an example of Christ to my IP (Intended parents) and their family.


DISCLAIMER aka THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Click here for my Surrogacy FAQ. As always PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact Justin or I if you have questions or concerns. We are open and willing to share everything

No comments:

Post a Comment