Labels

Monday, March 7, 2011

9 Months Old

Elijah was 9 months on Saturday! We got to spend the evening with Rob, Tawni, Rachel, and Sam. I really love to watch the kids interact and even being so close in age they are SO different! Girls definitely talk and scream more haha!

But back to Elijah. I know its bad, but I can’t tell you how much he weighs or how tall he is. The problem is Justin takes him to his Dr. Appointments so I just don’t see it. I’ve already decided I will be going to his 9 month appointment in a couple of weeks so I can do an update then!

I can tell you he is a tiny kid. He’s tall, but stick skinny!

Eli (or as the girls call him “Buddy”), has 6 teeth with more on the way (makes for long evenings) and is standing on his own. He just recently started to stand up in the middle of the room without pulling himself onto something. I think walking is a month or more away since when we hold his hands to walk he turns his feet sideways.

His favorite song is by far “If You’re Happy and You Know it’. He hasn’t mastered the skill of clapping, but he gets super excited and holds his hands up towards you as if he wants to give you high fives. He’s not “talking”, but the sounds he makes sound a lot like “dada” and I swear when singing that song he says “cla cla”. I know Justin’s heard it to, I just don’t think he’d admit it.

Eli sleeps through most nights and about 2-3 times a week will get up once for a bottle, then back to bed. He takes 2-3 naps a day and is generally a very happy baby.

I think his favorite person in the world is Taylor. I feel bad for Jordan, but she is so vicious to him behind our backs (sits on him, pushes him, takes his things, etc) so he definitely prefers his oldest sister. He doesn’t laugh much and when he does it’s not really a full blown giggle like we’re used to with the girls. People comment all the time about how serious he is, and it’s true! It takes a lot to get him to smile at you, especially if he doesn’t know you.

He likes most food we put in his mouth be it fruit, veggie, or meat as long as it’s pureed. He is not a big fan of chunky food yet. He does love small snacks like cereal and diced fruit as long as it’s not mixed with his baby food. I guess what I’m trying to say is that he likes his smooth stuff smooth and not mixed with anything with chunks.

He loves milk and for some odd reason (first of my kids) does not like juice very much at all! It’s a pain to get him to drink any. I figure this month I will start the transition to Sippy cup and put juice in that only for now to see how it goes.

I adore this kid! And look forward to the differences in raising a boy compared to my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment