Labels

Friday, March 25, 2011

Gyro Translated Means Awesome on a Pita

Let’s be honest here, some days we adore our husbands and other days…not so much. Yesterday, however, was one of those days that I adored mine :)

Since my New Year’s resolution was not to spend money eating out this year, we have had very little “fast food” around our house lately. We didn’t have that much before, but once a week or so we would grab a quick meal somewhere out of pure laziness on my part. I’m not sure what the point is of “not spending money” on fast food is since really my budget/food spending has not changed (we are value menu diners), but I’m determined to stick it out to the end of the year.

But there are little things that I miss, the Gyro being one of them mmmmm. Justin decided to surprise me yesterday at work by showing up with a Gyro and my kiddos for a visit. By decided I mean he planned to, but underestimated the amount of time it takes to get 3 kids bathed and presentable for a 30-45 commute to see me. A few minutes after my lunch break had started he called me to tell me not to eat because he was on his way. I decided seeing all of them were better then food so he came straight to see me instead of bringing me food, but it was still awesome. Every mom knows how fun it is to let all your friends/coworkers see your kids (you have to be proud of them!) We only had a few minutes together since my lunch was ending so Justin headed out, but still brought me back a Gyro!!

After lunch he headed with the kids to visit aunt Genny and decided to stick around to have lunch with Grandpa Bob. This meant I had the whole house to myself all night! So what did I do? Clean of course. I know it’s boring, but SO much easier to do with no kids around. In typical Justin fashion of course, Justin was home late (sometime after 11PM but I was asleep so not sure when) and it was super hard to fall asleep with nobody home, but I managed it and slept well.

I appreciate my hubby and all he does for me. Thank you Justin!

No comments:

Post a Comment