Labels

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good Grub, Good Company

Before I had met Justin I had never had Japanese food. This includes sushi. I have since come to LOVE miso soup, cucumber salad, sushi, and anything tempura.

Now I don’t like fish, this includes raw fish, so my form of sushi is the cooked version with shrimp or crab, but its still oh so yummy with some wasabi and soy sauce! Mmmm

That being said every year we go out with Justin’s dad for a birthday dinner and Justin typically picks Japanese food. Our/His favorite is this place called Matsu’s. This year we took all 3 kids (not as bad as I thought it would be, but still difficult). I was very grateful for Aunt Genny and Grandma Lori taking on the huge task of keeping Jordan in her chair while Justin and I dealt with Taylor and Eli.

What we discovered during this meal though was amazing!

Miso Soup – Loved by Jordan and Taylor
Cucumber Salad – Loved by Jordan (with the little shrimp) and Taylor thought she liked it until the vinegar flavor kicked in to which she responded “it burns me!”
Sushi – Taylor took one bite and said “I don’t like it”…then about 30 seconds later said “Ok now I like it, I want more!”
Rice – The girls still loved it and Eli had his first serving of it (more on his face then in his mouth) and he liked it!
Shrimp (Tempura) – Jordan is a huge fan
Chopsticks – Taylor insisted on using them and thanks again to Aunt Genny getting her the training ones she uses at home often, she did pretty good!

We had a great time and its always nice spending time with family. I don’t have the picture yet, but when I do I’ll post it! Below is Taylor’s first bite of Sushi and Eli’s sloppy rice face.

No comments:

Post a Comment