Labels

Monday, July 18, 2011

Crickets and Surprises (not in that order)

I went to my first surprise party yesterday! Well the first one not for me that is. It was for Justin’s old roommate Rob. Over last few months we have been able to grow much closer to the Rob and his family (the Websters) and the Keys. They are quickly becoming some of my most treasured friends – but that is a story for another day.

We arrived at their house around 5 and after reminding my husband he could not park in front of the house and moving a little further down the street we piled (yes piled, there are 5 of us and 3 of which are kids so we do nothing gracefully) into the house and were shocked to see so many people! How blessed Rob is to have so many friends that care so dearly for him!

I really don’t know the time, but my guess is somewhere around 5:45 the birthday boy arrived and although he may have had a inkling of what was going on I don’t think he realized how BIG of an event it was/would be.

The kids got to run around and play with some water toys outside and we got some amazing grub! 3 Cheers for the lasagna cupcake things! I guess now is a good time to mention the crickets which actually have nothing to do with the story, but it was still memorable. When one of the water toys was turned on it hit a bush in the backyard. Apparently Crickets are not big fans of water and within minutes about 20-30 crickets were running (hoping/jumping?) around the patio. The kids went crazy! Some running away and some chasing them. Others, like my son, trying to eat them.

At 7 a huge van with all the latest gaming consoles arrived and needless to say, the house got quite as all the kids and even bigger men(kids) headed outside for 2 hours of gaming. I was able to enjoy some quiet time in the house with some of the women – I didn’t mind at all!

During this quiet time I realized Jordan was being quiet – this usually means trouble. But when I headed upstairs to Sammy’s room (The Webster’s almost 3 year old son) I saw Jordan sitting on the bed “reading” to Brendan (The Key’s 3 year old son) and Brendan telling her she wasn’t doing it right. LOVE IT!

We had a great time and I am thankful we got to be part of the festivities. So Happy Birthday Rob (He probably won’t read this, but Tawni can tell him I wrote/said it!)

This last sentence is being writing to help keep me accountable to posting pictures later, but in case I forget you can all make me feel guilty about it until I do! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment