Labels

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spinach Vomit

So it’s Wednesday, 3:03 AM.  I wake up under a couple of blankets shivering and sweating at the same time.  I feel a tightness in my chest that only be described as eating an entire meal and having it sit there instead of making its way to your belly.  I have random shooting pains across my abdomen that isn’t “familiar”.  I lay there for about 20 minutes in self-panic.
What is wrong?
I am worried about the baby.  I feel her move and squirm like normal, but what if she’s moving around because something is wrong?
I am about to wake Justin to take me to the hospital when it hits me – I’m about to lose that meal that feels like its sitting in my chest.
I didn’t feel nauseous – just a sudden urge from my body saying “I WANT THIS OUT”.
And boy oh boy did it come out.  The flood gate exploded all over that poor toilet bowl…and lid… and I’m sure parts of the wall.  I had chunks of who knows what coming out of my mouth AND nose (I know you are glad I’m sharing).
An hour later my entire body was worn, my nose was bleeding, my eyes were watering, and I was exhausted.  I crawled into bed and woke Justin to get me some water as I texted/emailed the people I needed to so I could make sure my day was covered (work and getting Taylor to/from school).
And I slept – so so much.  At the time I thought it was the flu, but it didn’t seem to last that long.  Something really was just “off”.  I spent most of my day sleeping – snacking on crackers and drinking Gatorade; too scared to eat a real meal.
And now today I sit at my desk.  Trying for the last 2 hours to eat my lunch with that same tightness in my chest.  It’s like the baby is taking up all the room and she won’t let my body get the food to my stomach.  I’d like to eat, but I’m scared to take another bite in fear of a repeat of yesterday morning’s events.
And I’d like a nap – but it’s 104 degrees outside and way too hot to nap in my car.
I also have no desire to proof read this email so you are welcome for all the poorly worded sentences, misused words, and confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment