Labels

Family Life (79) Surrogacy (66) Rachael (43) So Sayith... (22) Justin (16) Jordan (14) Taylor (12) Elijah (5) Nerdness (3) Adoption (2)

Friday, July 25, 2014

Ah Nuts!

So the intended mom read somewhere that walnuts are good for baby brain development.  I don’t know what about the nuts make them so special, but that is what she read.  So about half way through the pregnancy she asked that I eat lots of walnuts – daily.
I hate walnuts.
Luckily the translator brought me over a couple HUGE Costco sized tubs of “mixed nuts” which meant I could pick out the gross nuts and eat the good ones.  So really all I eat is almonds, peanuts, and macadamia nuts.  However, I can’t eat nuts every day… or a lot every day at least.  That is SO much nut.
I got about half way through my first huge tub of mixed nuts before I got my next shipment of nuts…here is what I’ve gotten in the last few months:
·         2 big tubs of mixed nuts

·         2 big boxes of trail mix with nuts

·         1 3 pound bag of chopped walnuts

·         2 big boxes of mixed nuts

·         2 small tubs of mixed nuts
I really don’t like nuts much…I’ll eat some (the ones mentioned above), but it is most definitely not my go-to snack.
I look forward to not trying to force myself to eat nuts anymore.
3 weeks to go (ish)!
And if you know what the below is from (and you recongize the scene) than we are great friends...if you don't I may begin to qusetion our friendship.
Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he likes to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If they are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

No comments:

Post a Comment