Labels

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Day 3 of 17 (Utah to Idaho)

From: Orem, UT
To: Pocatello, ID
Miles Driven: 299 Today / 996 Total
Miles Hiked: 1 (888 steps) Today / 4.8 Total

Same start as usual. Hotel breakfast then on the road.  We crossed into Idaho really just for a place to sleep before heading to Wyoming tomorrow, but just driving and hanging out at hotel is horribly boring. So after a frustrating lack of communication at a National Park in Northern Idaho I spent some time last week trying to find a stop along the way.

I found Minnetonka Caves.  The view from the mountainside before even getting in the cave was spectacular. The cave itself is probably my favorite cave we've experienced so far. They had a large variety of rock formations and massive caverns. It was awesome and like all the caves we've seen so far, it was chilly. This one hovers at 40 all year. It also had 444 steps. After nearly 4 miles yesterday my legs were not happy (but that's what hotel hot tubs are for).

It was worth all the steps (twice since we had to get back out). Then back in the car to head to our hotel. We even got to navigate through a herd of cows. Jordan has decided yelling "moo" every time she sees a cow is now her thing. I blame Justin for encouraging her craziness.

I was grateful for getting to the hotel early. I realized I don't drink nearly enough water when I'm cold so being a little dehydrated has me feeling not so not at the moment, but everyone else is doing great!  We landed on ordering pizza which will be here soon. And I know I'll be crashing early tonight...while Justin takes the kids back to the pool.

I'm also super grateful that 3 days in and aside from a few spats (and the girls ignoring each other during our hikes yesterday), the kids have gotten along pretty fantastically. We end almost every night with them cuddling up together in some way. I honestly hope that what they remember most about these trips are those moments.


















No comments:

Post a Comment