Labels

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jordan Went to Bed!

I think I’ve blogged before about how difficult Jordan is to put to sleep. She’s a SCREAMer. Here’s our routine:

Dinner
Bath
Play Time
Story Time
Prayer
Potty
Hugs/Kisses
Turn Music On
Turn Lights Off (to see the stars on the ceiling)
Lay Down
SCREAM

She doesn’t just cry and whine, she practically hyperventilates every time the laying down part starts. We put her in bed and instantly she screams “let me out” “I want up” – both sayings she has learned from her older sister’s tantrums. I cannot figure her out. I don’t know what to do.

The worst part is her screaming wakes up Elijah half the time so then we have to put 2 kids down to bed (again).

Last night I added something to the mix. I laid her down and rubbed her back for “one song”. She got up once to hand me her empty cup (we let her have a couple ounces of water) and laid down on her own. I don’t know if it is a fluke, but I sure hope it sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment