Labels

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Joy of Projects

I am a very project oriented person. I don’t mind the day to day things that need to be done, but I LOVE projects. I think this is part of what inspired me to want to teach…everyday is a new “project” a goal to teach kids something brand new, to create lesson plans to help reach that goal. I always figured I would teach, I thought that was my passion…

The longer I am out of “teaching” the more I am realizing it wasn’t teaching I loved, it was the challenge of the project and the fact I love kids and would be nice to put the two together.

With that said, I don’t know that I will ever teach. It’s great to think I wasted about $30,000 and 4 years getting a degree I wont use (sarcasm of course). However, the Lord has taken his time to mold me and teach me what I needed to know along the way and help me develop my passion of working on projects. So much of “me” just fits with a project driven goals.

Recently at work I began working with some people from our project/product team and LOVE it. My goal is to show them how capable I am and hopefully if a position opens I would be a top candidate. If you would have asked me last year if I saw myself working at bank for the rest of my life I would have quickly laughed it off. Now, I’m seeing that I could and would gladly do that if I was working on projects everyday. Maybe a position “up-stairs” will be the door God’s been waiting to open for me. Maybe, and what I’m praying for, is that a position on that team would open which would probably mean that would be the extra income we’ve been praying for so we can MOVE OUT! Yay! AND I’d be doing something I love love love (almost as much as my kids and probably more then my husband…JUST KIDDING)

No comments:

Post a Comment