Labels

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Prayer for a Closed Door

Where is the line between letting your brain work and letting your faith work? I could say “I have faith that if I walk off this cliff God will save me”, but obviously, unless called to do so, this is an unwise decision.

But where is that line? How do you know?!

I have an interview tomorrow for an apartment whose range for rent is affordable – unrealistic. It’s the “-“ that I’m worried about. Where is the balance? There is a price that is unaffordable, logically ::Pulls Out Logic Box for Lynne:: but this could be the step of faith God is asking for. This could be God telling us, YOU can’t afford that, but I can. I will need to rely on HIM. But where is that line. I don’t think I have any real reservations about stepping out in faith, but what if I am misinterpreting faith for stupidity.

My prayer is that if it is not God’s will he SLAMS the door. I do not want to be tempted. I do not want to have doubts. At this point I’m thinking if they say I can do, I’ll take it; EVEN if it’s out of my “comfortable” price range. If God has other plans, please Jesus, Slam that door right in my face.

Please pray, an odd prayer, that God closes this door so his will can be done. Right now the door is open so I think we’re just going to go for it. And this is why I’m asking for the door to close. If the door closes in the next 24 hrs I will know this “leap of faith” is actually a “jump off a bridge”

AND if the door doesn't close, pray that we somehow make an extra $200-$300 a month (this is where the faith comes in)!

Thank you all for your prayers! I’ll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment