Labels

Monday, April 4, 2011

What's Cooking Good Looking?

So this post really has nothing to do with the title, but I kept thinking…what do I name this post when its about what’s been going on for the last couple of weeks…what’s been “cooking”. SO this got stuck in my head so that’s what you get!

About a week ago I FINALLY got a phone call from the affordable housing complex I had submitted the application to. I have been “approved”. I say it’s a sure thing, but until they give me a date and I sign a lease I’m holding off on making an official announcement.

The call was exciting and very stressful at the same time. If you know me, I’m an open book and will share anything that anyone asks or is willing to listen to. The 2 bedroom apt was about $100 more then I can afford (without utilities) and the 3 bedroom is about $250 more then I can afford (without utilities) so in that moment I of course asked for the 2 bedroom. After some thought and discussion with Justin I realized that it would cost $100+ to do laundry at a Laundromat and if I got the 2 bedroom that’s what’d I’d be stuck doing since the 3 bedroom has hook ups for washer/dryer. So what it came down too was a difference of $50 between the 2 and 3 bedroom.

I called on Friday hoping it wasn’t to late to change my mind. The girl I talked to said she’d see what she could do, but it may be too late.

Now we are waiting. I guess its not “now we are”, but more like so “still we are” waiting. I was told I should hear within a week, which, according to this complex’s past record means I have 2+ weeks before I hear back.

Here is our prayer:
1. That we get a 3 bedroom apartment
2. That God provides $300+ a month for rent/utilities
3. A smooth easy transition

I will try to keep you all posted, but I know the next couple of weeks are going to be crazy busy for me already so I apologize in advance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment