Labels

Family Life (78) Surrogacy (66) Rachael (42) So Sayith... (22) Justin (15) Jordan (14) Taylor (12) Elijah (5) Nerdness (3) Adoption (2)

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The "Cool" Place to Be

I have been horribly slacking at updating the blog since the move. I can blame it on the fact that we don’t have internet, but lets be honest… the only time I update my blog anyway is during my breaks at work so that excuse doesn’t cut it.

Although there are 27 things I want to tell you about. Today it will be simple. It is supposed to be wordless Wednesday after all, but if you know me, I’m not really a “wordless” type :)

About 2 nights ago Jordan woke up with what I’m thinking are night terrors and realized Taylor wasn’t in her bed, or Jordan’s bed, or on the floor. I searched her room, the bathroom, and Eli’s room and started to panic. I rushed out to Justin and asked if he knew where Taylor was.

The next thing he said I would have never expected (looking back I should have, I mean I DID marry Justin).

He very casually said “she’s sleeping in the closet”

What?! I went back to their room. And sure enough she was bundled in the closet, doors closed and all.

So I get home from work yesterday and Taylor is lying in her closet, wide awake, just laying there.

ME: Taylor why are you in your closet?
HER: I slept here last day (that’s Taylor for yesterday)
ME: Why?
HER: Because it’s the place to sleep (she said this as if saying “all the cool kids are doing it”)

What did I do wrong that my kid feels the need to sleep in a close closet? ::shrug:: I blame Davis.

AND that wasn’t really short. I guess I’m no good at being wordless.

2 comments: