Labels

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

An Over Sentimental Thought

A friend of mine is renewing her vows this year and it got me thinking about how much my life has changed in the almost 6 years Justin and I have been married.


I’m not talking about the marriage part of it – everyone knows how that changes and morphs as you grow with each other, but the who is in my life part.
I’m not sure I’m a “renew my vows” kind of girl, but if I were, and if I did, I’d want to go big. Mostly because our wedding was thrown together with about 6 weeks of planning on a $2,000 budget so there were so many things I “wished” we could have done.

I’d want a beach “wedding” for sure. I love the beach. 6 years ago I struggled to think of people to be in my wedding…I wasn’t close to many people – especially female people. Now I think – can I have a wedding party (just girls) of like 6…and even that would be difficult to narrow it down to. If you are wondering right now “I wonder if I’m one of those 6” you probably are. If you just assume you are not then you are probably right as well.
I hope I make it obvious to the special women in my life how much I love and cherish our friendship. I hope they (you) all know what a special part you play in our lives. I try to express that as often as I can, but if I don’t. Hear it now.

I know…this is a little over sentimental today which is not usually my style, but today I was just reminded about God’s abundant blessing in my life of amazing friends. So thank you Lord for choosing me to bless with these wonderful people. I hope I can be even a fraction of the blessing to them that they are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment