Labels

Monday, December 10, 2012

In Case I Forgot I'm Not 20 Anymore

Surprise! I like my friends – a lot.

Ok, so that’s not really a surprise since I think I mention on a nearly monthly basis that I have the best friends in the world.  I’m sorry your friends probably lack in comparison, but at least you can find comfort in the fact you are my friend so therefore you are awesome.

I like to have my friends over and as I have also mentioned before it’s a pain to do that, but my awesome friends deal with the hassle anyway to come over.

A last minute night happened about a week ago when the Newmyers and Registers came over.  For those of you who don’t know (and if you’re reading this you probably do know since I don’t think any non-friends read this) those families consist of:

Newmyers:
Matt: The worship pastor at our church who before he even met us volunteered himself to help us move. 
Kim: That guy’s wife and one of those people I feel like I should have known my entire life – she has a juke box in her head – I admire that
Sophie: The cute little baby that has made recent appearances in my blog due to Elijah’s obvious fascination with “Soapy”

Registers:
Taylor: The guy my daughter adores since they share a name which means they must be twins or something close to it.
Kandyce: The soon to be mommy (come out baby!!) that picked the RIGHT college to go to unlike her brother.

Last minute we decided to get together to hang out.  We played some of those games we don’t usually get to play since the group that’s over is much larger like Clue (FYI: Kim did not win) and poker.

After a ton of laughing and mild harassment we called it quits around 2 am with the hopes with sleeping in the following morning.  Only 1 of the 3 couples accomplished this (hint: it was the couple with a kid on the way, but not yet here).  I may or may not be jealous. 

But it was SO worth it.

No pictures.  Use your imagination – it’ll be good for your inner child.

No comments:

Post a Comment