Labels

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Laughing in the Rain

I felt like my posts since I have been back have been negative which doesn’t really reflect my life right now. Yes there are moments of frustration and anxiety, but I am happy!

I could list the numerous things going “wrong” right now from financial issues like finding out yesterday that Justin’s car needs new tires (checks wallet for $500 ::nope::) to medical problems like Taylor possibly needing a root canal because of her chipped tooth.

The funny thing is while I was driving to work this morning there was a small drizzle and I smiled at the rain. I love the rain. God’s gift to me is rain. It calms and refreshes me every time! It made me think of the saying “When it rains it pours” and I laughed at how chaotic and seemingly unmanageable my life is right now. I mean metaphorically speaking there’s a near monsoon in the life of the Davis’. However, I adore the rain.

This doesn’t mean that I like to live in chaos nor would I like to have it rain every day. Rain is so special to me because it is “rare”; so to are the times when my life is out of control and stressful. I know it sound odd, but I started thinking I need to enjoy these times in my life. I need to relax in the chaos and just let God work. In these times, when it pours, God is in complete control and shows his grace and beauty. God works in the rain and we leave these times refreshed.

I love the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment