Labels

Family Life (78) Surrogacy (66) Rachael (42) So Sayith... (22) Justin (15) Jordan (14) Taylor (12) Elijah (5) Nerdness (3) Adoption (2)

Sunday, May 13, 2012

To My Mommy

Since my mom is finally signed up to start reading this blog I figure what better way to tell her how much I love her by telling EVERYone how much I love her.

Mom,

You've told me stories about how "hard" life was when I was young.  How little we had and all the places we stayed just to make sure our basic needs were met.  Sometimes I think about the stories and realize all they are to me are stories.

I don't remember not having the "new toy".  I do remember sitting with you and coloring in our coloring books forever.

I don't remember not being able to go to cool places.  I do remember you filling up buckets of water and letting us "wash" our dishes on a warm summer day.

I don't remember eating mac n cheese or any other cheap meal on a regular basis.  I do remember you making me my favorite "special" meals.

I don't remember (well...I barely remember) us fighting over something stupid.  I do remember you always coming to me with a kind heart and loving me even when I was awful.

I don't remember not having "new cool clothes".  I do remember playing dress up.

I don't remember growing up.  I do remember missing you.

I don't remember my life ever being "hard".  I do remember feeling loved.

I don't remember thanking you.  I do remember thanking God for what an amazing mom he blessed me with.

I love you mommy.  Thank you for leading a Godly example in my life and I pray I can help build the same kind of memories you did with me for my kids. I hope you have an amazing Mother's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment