Labels

Family Life (79) Surrogacy (66) Rachael (43) So Sayith... (22) Justin (16) Jordan (14) Taylor (12) Elijah (5) Nerdness (3) Adoption (2)

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Vacation Season

So “Vacation” season is coming and my brain wanders off several times a day into the vacation zone.  This year for us was going to be crazy, awesome, busy.

The plan was:

First: June 15-22 camping with my family in NorCal
Second: June 22-25 visit my Uncle in NorCal
Third: June 26-27 Go to work
Fourth: June 28 – July 1 visit Justin’s family in WI
Fifth: July 1-July 3 visit my Aunt in IL
Sixth: July 4 back to WI for fireworks
Seventh: July 5 go home

It was going to be an insane 3 weeks, but it would have been such a blessing to spend so much time with family – some that we haven’t seen in 2 years or more!

However, life happens.

My dad got a new job and couldn’t get the extra time off to visit Uncle Kenny in NorCal

I got horribly sick…so sick I actual took time off work (that really never happens) and used up some of the PTO I had saved up to go which means I didn’t have enough.

Airfare went up insanely high so no plane trip for the Davis (we have to pay for all 5 of us now!)

So plans have changed.

Vacation #1
May 26 Vacation starts – Santa Ana Zoo maybe?
May 27 – Church and Elijah’s 2nd  Birthday Party (You are all invited)
May 28 – It’s a holiday – I’m really hoping actually somebody is doing something on Memorial Day that we could join in on
May 29 – spend the day at Disneyland with Tracy
May 30 – spend the day at Disneyland with my Mom

Vacation #2
June 14 Vacation starts – Go to my parent’s house for a sleepover to prep for an early morning
June 15 – Drive to Norcal and set up camp
June 16-20 Camp/Fish/Family Time
June 21 – Drive home
June 22 – Unpack and clean up and Justin goes to Five Iron Frenzy concert
Jun 23 – Day of rest and maybe the pool
June 24 – Church and Disneyland

So if you want to join us for any of that please do! The more the merrier!

Happy Vacation Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment