Labels

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Playing with Brendan and Caleb

I’m sorry friends.  I have failed as a blogger.  Work has been slightly overwhelming and most definitely stressful.  Add to the pile of work I barely had time to complete the fact I had a sick day, all day training, and a holiday in there that took 3 days out of my 10 days of work.  Yikes!

My plan is not to bore you with that though, but to pretend like it never happened and just move on.  So…

We had a busy weekend for sure!  It has been awhile since we have been that busy and it was nice.  On Friday we got a text from the Keys asking us if we wanted to meet them at Disneyland.  Although I really wanted to I knew that:

1. I had a lot of cleaning to do since I’d have a houseful of people on Saturday.
2. We’d be at Disneyland all day Sunday and that would be exhausting enough as it is without adding a Friday trip.

So I declined, but offered to take the boys off their hands if they wanted to get some alone time.  I am very happy they took us up on that offer.  The girls were SUPER exited to spend time with Brendan…although they called him Sammy most of the night which was followed by “I’m not Sammy, I’m Brendan!”  Elijah and Caleb got along great and spent most of their time following eachother around and passing toys back and forth.



 
They played and destroyed the kids rooms while Justin and I did all the boring house work that needed be done like scrubbing toilets and folding laundry (SOOO much laundry…If I wasn’t so embarrassed I would post the picture of the mountain we had to fold).

After we were done cleaning we settled the kids down with a movie and some popcorn.  At 8 we sent our kids to bed and at 8:30 Caleb asked to go to bed so Caleb and I headed to my room where I had a bed set up for him.  I decided to lay on my bed for awhile to make sure he was ok and apparently I fell asleep.  I vaguely remember hearing Scott’s voice and waking up around 10 to notice Caleb was no longer in his bed.  I got up to say goodnight to Justin and headed back to bed.

I have no idea how I was so exhausted, but I was out.  I woke up in the morning only to realize I hadn’t even gotten out of my jeans!

I’ll fill you on the Saturday festivities later.

No comments:

Post a Comment