Labels

Friday, November 9, 2012

Baby Evangelina Needs Your Help!

The point of this blog is to tell you what's going on in the craziness that is the Davis household.  I tend to mess that up occassionaly with blogs all about me (far less interesting then my kids I know) and then days like today where something has touched my heart in a way that I need to share it to try and help.

I read this when a friend at work posted it and am sad to know that I cannot help since I have a blood disorder that would prefent it.  Here is a message from Baby Evangelina's Daddy that I hope you take the time to read and if you can help.:

Exactly two months after the happiest day of my life (the day my daughters were born), my wife and I received a phone call that turned our lives upside down. The call was from a doctor who had the dreadful task of informing us that our little Evangelina had been diagnosed with a rare and life threatening immunodeficiency. The disease results in an immune system so highly compromised that it is considered almost absent. To our luck, the early diagnosis has given our precious baby an honest shot at beating this awful disease. The most successful type of treatment is the bone marrow transplant from a matched related donor which, unfortunately, her mom, her twin sister Anabella and I are not.
The only way we can improve the odds of finding a compatible donor is to encourage as many people as possible to get tested and become donors. Getting tested to become a bone marrow donor is as easy as swabbing the inside of your cheek. You could be the one that will save my little angel’s life.  I will be forever appreciative and I have no doubt you will be blessed in many ways for your kind gesture. Please share this email with your friends and family.
The following provides additional insight on the disease: http://www.genome.gov/13014325
DoubleTree Hotel Santa Ana is hosting a
Blood Drive and Bone Marrow Screening
in honor of Evangelina Vaccaro
Monday, November 12, 2012
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p. m.
DoubleTree Hotel Santa Ana
201 East MacArthur Boulevard, Santa Ana, CA 92707
(Across from the Santa Ana Campus)


Bone Marrow Registry
This will only take 10 minutes and getting tested to become a donor is as easy as swabbing the inside of your cheeks.  Please read the general requirements for potential bone marrow registrants.
Description: Description: Description: General Requirements
Description: Description: Description: I’m interested in becoming a registrant

Note the links work above, the picture just didn't transfer over but you can click on them to get the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment