Labels

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Things We Give Up

I love scrapbooking.  I really do.

It’s not just getting the pictures into a book.  It’s cutting and designing pages.  It’s spending an hour rearranging a layout to get it just right.  It’s creating something with your hands that you get to share with friends and family.

I am also a realist.  It is with a heavy heart I make the decision to let go of this hobby.  I just don’t have the time to do it.  It takes about 30 minutes to get everything out and set up to spend a couple of hours doing a few pages and then 30 minutes to clean it all up.  On top of that add kids getting into everything (some not so safe things like blades and cutters) and it’s just unrealistic that I get the opportunity at all to do this anymore.

That being said I intend to spend the next few days sorting through my mountains of scrapbooking supplies and accessories and packaging them up to sell.  The money I make will be used to purchase scrapbooking software instead which will save lots of time and a lot less mess.  It’s not as fun, but still enjoyable.  I figure every year for Christmas I can take a couple of days to complete an annual online scrapbook then have it printed and mailed to me.

So if you are looking to purchase scrapbooking supplies let me know.  I seriously will have a TON to sell.  You may or may not be required to pry it out of my hands though…

Paper
Stamps
Ribbons
Shape Scissors
Stickers
Carrying Cases
Borders
Pens/Markers
Glue Sticks/Glue Dots
Brads and Eyelets
And so on…

No comments:

Post a Comment