Labels

Monday, September 9, 2019

1 Day To Go - A Family Is Born

Mom 1 and Mom 3 had tried for years to have children of their own. They had lost babies and struggled to get pregnant. Just meeting them and hearing their stories broke my heart. I didn't know I could ache that way for a woman I had just met. But I did. And I wanted to help them have the family the yearned for.

Then there is this moment in the delivery room. Labor sucks. It always does. The room's full of controlled chaos as a baby enters the world. Then those beautiful baby girls I carried for 9 months entered the world. The doctors (or maybe nurses I actually don't remember) hands that little girl to her mother.

Sure, I've had my own babies that I love. But when they were handed to me for the first time I was IN that moment, not watching that moment.  Now here I am watching it. Here I am seeing this woman I've grown to love hold her baby for the first time. The baby she's waited years for. Suffered tremendous loss for. Being there for that moment is indescribable.

I cried.

This is what makes it all worth it friends. Every shot, every night of heartburn, every moment of nausea, every craving, every contraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment