Labels

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

1 Day To Go = Today Is That One Day

So, you guys, I'm not a very secretive person. Especially with Surrogacy. It is so unknown to most that I want to give all the details and craziness that comes with it.  I want to be approachable and honest so people are comfortable asking questions so they understand it all.

I hope that's how it all comes across.

All day today I've been extra nauseous.

Is it because I'm pregnant? Is it because I'm nervous? Is it because I'm stuffed full of more hormones than a Turkey? Maybe all 3?

Waiting is the worst! And can you imagine my poor IP. 13 hours ahead and unable to sleep with the anticipation. Today dragged on.

Then the phone call came.

You take the first few seconds to try and read the nurses voice. Does she have good news or bad? How can that 10 seconds it takes her to introduce who she is feel like minutes?  How is she so good about staying calm so her voice gives no indication of results?

Then the butterflies kick into high gear - my nausea can't handle this. Will I puke on that VPs shoes as he passes me? Who knows? No guarantees.

Then, finally, after what seemed like forever she gave me the news. I'll summarize the texts between Justin and me for the news:

Me: I'm pregnant with somebody else's Baby!
Justin: HUZZAH!

For like a good hour I panicked at my 767 number though.  Wasn't my singleton at 500?  Wasn't my twins at 850, what is a number in-between mean? Could it be twins?!

So, super scientific like I looked found my old blog announcing my results. Not helpful. I didn't include the numbers for most of the 1st tests. HOWEVER, I did post them last time. Last time they were 733 (with 1 baby - this baby's older sister). I'll take it!

I'm pregnant. I still think I'm going to puke. But at least there is only one kid in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment