Labels

Friday, July 9, 2021

Day 6 of 14 (Texas)

FromSan Antonio, TX

To: San Antonio, TX

Miles Driven: 64 Today / 2,357 Total

Miles Hiked:  4 / 24.8 Total

Yes, we "stayed" in the same place more than one day. It's absurd really. How are you supposed to tour the United States if you are lame and stay in the same city/area more than one day?!

BUT when your most favorite sister-in-law births your very most favorite nephew you plan a few days to spend time with the family. Add to that out of state family joining in on the visiting too for a mini family reunion. But I digress, I'll get there later.

FIRST we started off the morning with a tour of the Natural Bridge Caverns, it was probably my favorite cavern we've seen so far in the US. Crystal Cavern and Lava Beds were pretty cool too, but the Discovery Cave at Natural Bridge Caverns were huge. 









After that we did the zip lines and ropes course. You see my friends, Elijah is scared of practically everything. He (and I) were pretty sure he would skip most of the course BUT he worked his way up. Lots of "I'll do this level, but not the one up there" until he was "up there". I'm super proud of him. This is a REALLY big deal for this kid.






However, it was raining yet again (I'll take mid 70's and rain over humid 90-100 I was expecting). We were able to do the course still, but the rock climbing was closed. That's sad. This course was also far inferior to Treetop Adventures in Tahoe (you should all go there, it is awesome).

We finished our afternoon at the caverns and headed to Whataburger. I remembered being very underwhelmed 15+ years ago when I tried it, but we wanted to give it a fair shake. 4/5 Davis' prefer In-n-Out. The hold out doesn't really like Whataburger either, she just liked they had avocado as an option.



Next we headed to meet a billion people (all family) we hadn't seen in several years. AND meet Ford, the most adorable nephew ever.  Not a bad day at all. 









No comments:

Post a Comment