Labels

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Day 13 and 14 of 14 (New Mexico to Arizona to California)

FromDeming, NM

To: Fountain Valley, CA

Miles Driven: 733 Today / 4,549 Total

Miles Hiked: Not worth mentioning / 61.6 Total

The last 2 days were the wind down days. No more hiking in blazing heat. No more sliding down waterslides in the pouring rain, no more shopping trips.

We left Deming and headed to visit family in Arizona. We did hit a pretty big lightning storm and massive downpour (that is a weird word spelled out). The rain was totally blowing sideways.

Justin's Aunt Kathy's house was the destination this time. I didn't realize that we'd also get to see his cousins though! They moved back to the area last year (if I remember the story correctly). That was a pretty nice surprise. I also got to meet Justin's Uncle Rich for the first time!


We were fed well and ended the night with games. Brianna might be Eli's new favorite relative (that's not true, little Alex still is).

I know, only 2 pictures?! Yes. I failed. 

I really like Justin's family and was too caught up in conversation and fun and forgot pictures. 

We got to see a lot of Justin's family (both sides) this trip. Justin and I will be married 15 years this week and from day 1 his family has always made me feel welcome. And they all make me laugh often. And as our friend Keith pointed out that is the #1 compliment I give Justin. So it runs in the family.

The 7 hour(ish) drive home today would normally be a "long" drive, but heading home is always a little different and it felt shorter than other drives. Other than the vacation's final farewell lightning storm halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment