Labels

Thursday, January 3, 2013

2nd Annual HoliDavis

The original intro to this blog was “Let’s go back in time to November 2012”, however, even though Blakesgiving was amazing (it always is) I don’t have pictures which is really the only reason I’m skipping ahead to HoliDavis.

By the way the idea of HoliDavis was totally jacked from the family that does Blakesgiving every year.

And I’m ok with that.

This year I made my first Turkey (and Gravy)!  My oh my was it dry, but it was not undercooked and not burnt so that’s a plus right?  I’d never made Gravy either and I think I bought the wrong kind it was a little over salty, but made a great combo with the dry turkey.

This was my 2nd year making Ham and I think I worked out the kinks this time around for pretty nice looking hunk of pig. I heard it tasted good, but since all ham tastes disgusting to me I’ll have to take other people’s words for it.

The spread consisted of my meats, green bean casserole, broccoli salad, rolls, mashed potatoes, and fruit salad.  We ate, and talked, and laughed – all while squished around a table that went from my kitchen to my living room.

After dinner we played a few games.  One of my favorites is where you wrap gift cards up in several boxes with lots of tape and people roll dice to see who gets to try and open it using oven mits.

The kids got along great too with only a few tears and bumps (that’s impressive for 4 boys and 2 girls running around).

These are the only pictures I got, but at least its something!  We ended up having the Newmeyers, Blakes, Registers, Foxes, Sam, and Travis over.  Please note that I was a horrible friend that night when another friend who was supposed to be coming drove around for like 30 minutes lost trying to find our apartment (calling me the entire time) and I missed every single call.  SORRY NEYA!













No comments:

Post a Comment