Labels

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Great Gym Dilemma

I’m a petite girl. NOT because I eat healthy. NOT because I work out. In fact I eat junk and only just started going to gym. Don’t let my size fool you. I am a weak and rather unhealthy person and because of my size nobody (like the doctor) ever tries to get me to “eat better food” or “workout”.

My dilemma is I can’t afford to lose wait. I already have health issues due to being underweight and I don’t want to make it worse. So how in the world can I get “healthy” without making myself more unhealthy?!
I started by just going to the gym once a week with a friend. In 6 months I lost about 10 pounds. NOT my desired result. So I have done a lot of research that I’m hoping is accurate and will be now going to the gym 3 days a week but avoiding the workouts that burn fat and doing workouts that instead create muscle.
Today is only day 2 and my body is doing a great job at reminding me how un-fit I am! I got a crossfit type workout done with my good friend Neya at 6 AM this morning. I hate 6 AM. I hate crossfit type workouts. I love Neya.
There are now things from my normal routine that I despise thanks to these 2 days of gym time
1. I hate that I work on the 2nd floor at work. The stairs look at me and laugh.
2. I hate that the ice machine is on the floor so I have to squat to fill my cup with ice. It giggles at me – I hear it.
3. I hate that I thought it was a good idea to put my cream cheese in the bottom drawer of the fridge. The only reason I did THAT squat was because (as every knows) bagels are just icky without cream cheese.
4. I hate wearing heals – enough said
5. I hate doing my makeup. Well I hated that already, but now I have to convince my arms its worth their time to lift up long enough to put on eyeliner. They disagreed every few seconds.
I do LOVE sitting in my chair right now with a heating pad on my lap. The heating bad is not for sore muscles or anything – it’s just because I’m cold. I look forward to a meeting-less day today so I can just sit in my comfy chair all day.
So let’s pray this works. I need to gain weight working out and get fit without losing in more weight and further jeopardizing my health.
And on a side note…anyone of my ECCU peeps that want to join me (because I do love company) I’ll be at the ECCU gym Monday/Friday at 4:30PM and Wednesday at 6:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment