Labels

Family Life (79) Surrogacy (66) Rachael (43) So Sayith... (22) Justin (16) Jordan (14) Taylor (12) Elijah (5) Nerdness (3) Adoption (2)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Great Gym Dilemma

I’m a petite girl. NOT because I eat healthy. NOT because I work out. In fact I eat junk and only just started going to gym. Don’t let my size fool you. I am a weak and rather unhealthy person and because of my size nobody (like the doctor) ever tries to get me to “eat better food” or “workout”.

My dilemma is I can’t afford to lose wait. I already have health issues due to being underweight and I don’t want to make it worse. So how in the world can I get “healthy” without making myself more unhealthy?!
I started by just going to the gym once a week with a friend. In 6 months I lost about 10 pounds. NOT my desired result. So I have done a lot of research that I’m hoping is accurate and will be now going to the gym 3 days a week but avoiding the workouts that burn fat and doing workouts that instead create muscle.
Today is only day 2 and my body is doing a great job at reminding me how un-fit I am! I got a crossfit type workout done with my good friend Neya at 6 AM this morning. I hate 6 AM. I hate crossfit type workouts. I love Neya.
There are now things from my normal routine that I despise thanks to these 2 days of gym time
1. I hate that I work on the 2nd floor at work. The stairs look at me and laugh.
2. I hate that the ice machine is on the floor so I have to squat to fill my cup with ice. It giggles at me – I hear it.
3. I hate that I thought it was a good idea to put my cream cheese in the bottom drawer of the fridge. The only reason I did THAT squat was because (as every knows) bagels are just icky without cream cheese.
4. I hate wearing heals – enough said
5. I hate doing my makeup. Well I hated that already, but now I have to convince my arms its worth their time to lift up long enough to put on eyeliner. They disagreed every few seconds.
I do LOVE sitting in my chair right now with a heating pad on my lap. The heating bad is not for sore muscles or anything – it’s just because I’m cold. I look forward to a meeting-less day today so I can just sit in my comfy chair all day.
So let’s pray this works. I need to gain weight working out and get fit without losing in more weight and further jeopardizing my health.
And on a side note…anyone of my ECCU peeps that want to join me (because I do love company) I’ll be at the ECCU gym Monday/Friday at 4:30PM and Wednesday at 6:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment