Labels

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Care To Join Me In A Happy Dance?

First – I promise I have not neglected “So Sayith Tay and Jay” – we are having some technical difficulties with the video, but as soon as I get it figured it out I will post the video and probably just stick to typing for awhile until I work out the kinks.


Second – the real reason for writing is a praise of sorts.

James 1:2-6

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

On April 16th 2011 we moved into an apartment we couldn’t afford. We prayed and knew it was time to take this step of faith (click here for full story). God provided and we have paid rent in full and on time.
God is Good

On January 31st 2011 I received a letter in the mail from our apartment complex stating our rent is being raised. And now we step out in faith again; relying on God to provide.

Isn’t it exciting?! I cannot pay my rent – only GOD can. And I’m excited. Being forced to rely on God brings comfort. I have more faith in his ability to provide for us them my ability to provide for us.

I mean honestly – who would you rather have on your team? Me or God?

I am also very excited this time around because God is giving me “heads up” that He doesn’t have to give.

When we first moved – we moved not knowing where the extra rent money would come from.

This time I know (or I assume I know). We will be paying off some debt by the end of February (which means “extra” income not going towards that debt anymore). Our rent will go up effect March 1st.

Isn’t God good!

Yes I was hoping to have some wiggle room and be able to buy some “new” things we would like around the house. But having a place to live and seeing God’s perfect timing is a reward in itself. And for that I am thankful.

God has our family living life with every penny spent on “necessity” and not on “luxury” for this phase in our lives. He has a purpose for this that we need to embrace and enjoy. Learn the lessons we need to learn to help shape us into the people He needs us to be for reason not yet known…

How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment