Labels

Monday, April 12, 2010

Feel The Burn-sation - Written 7/17/09

Another transferred from an old blog...

I love jalapeños, tapatio, salsa... yummy yummy spicy goodness. I'm not sure I understand why.There is something amazing about a chip smothered in some hot salsa or hint-o- peno, but I find myself only reaching for the bag of chips if I have a LARGE drink close at hand. I mean, I can't get through maybe 3-4 chips without a sip of something cold and soothing. So why do I continue to eat?!Am I secretly masochist? I'm a pretty good secret keeper if that's the case, Go ME! Wait... I just told you my secret; I guess that makes me a not so good secret keeper... Epic Fail.Moving on. Another favorite snack of mine is cheeto puffs smothered in tapatio! But before I sit down to enjoy my bowl I make sure to have something nearby to sooth the burning. Last night happened to be these amazing peanut butter stuffed pretzels dipped in chocolate. Odd combination, I know, but it helped! As I felt the burning growing exponentially with every bite of tapatio goodness I'd pop one of the pretzels in my mouth for quick relief... then right back at it.So WHY?! Why do we do these things? I find it hard to believe that ANYone can eat these very spicy things and not feel the uncomfortable burn-sation! Some people are much more tolerable of it, but are the it burning that makes it so good, or is it the flavor before the burn? I couldn't honesty say I'd just eat a jalapeno for the flavor of jalapeño. I mean Jalapeño flavored Jelly Bellies are ::gag::So I sit and enjoy the last few chips in my bag of Miss Vickie’s Jalapeño Chips and my LARGE Dr. Pepper (clear the pallet - dedicated to Sam) and ponder, is it worth it? Because now I have the sensation to pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment