Labels

Monday, April 12, 2010

There's A Party In My Tummy


Although the Yo Gabba Gabba song is stuck in my head, it’s not that kind of party.

Note: for those of you lucky enough NOT to know that song and/or NOT to know who Yo Gabba Gabba is… do NOT YouTube, Google, Etc… you will regret that choice.

Up until a few days ago little Eli was pretty relaxed in there. He moved a little at night, but nothing too horrible. All of a sudden he has become a super rambunctious, kicking, twirling, little thing. (by the way I spelled that rambucious (forgot the n) and the spell check suggested ambitious and NOT the correct spelling?)

This is not so bothersome during the day. Sometimes slightly uncomfortable and unpredictable which causes some awkward moments (I work in call center). For example, being on the phone with a member and having the wind knocked out of you is odd.

Then night falls… I know most babies wake up during this time because the lack of movement (the walking and moving “rocks” them to sleep). But he just goes and goes for several hours. A jab here, a roll there. This is right when I’m trying to fall asleep. I’ve been lucky so far and not had to run to the bathroom several times a night so once I’m asleep I’m usually out until morning, but the bathroom trips have been replaced by being kicked awake. And unlike bathroom runs, I cannot just fall back asleep because he just goes and goes.

This in combination with usually one if not both of the girls getting up at some point during the night for something (a drink, a wet diaper, etc) means my sleep is interrupted often. So although I am going to bed early, I feel like I’m getting less sleep then ever!

I do have to say; my husband is amazing with the girls though :) After some poking and re-waking him about 5 times until he realizes I’m trying to wake him, he ALWAYS takes care of the girls! This included a 2am diaper change for Jordan and drink refill for Taylor last night! He helps a ton with all those middle of the night things which I am really grateful for!

All of this to say I’m sort of tired and my belly hasn’t stopped moving since breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment