Labels

Monday, April 19, 2010

Things That Go Bump, Scream and Cry in the Night


I think I’ve mentioned before how Jordan doesn’t sleep well despite a good routine and a billion other “tricks” we’ve tried. She’s been doing ok lately. Getting up only 1-2 times a night and typically just falling right back to sleep after a drink or small pat on the back.

However, over the last couple of weeks things have gotten worse. I wonder if she has night terrors or maybe her bed is just so uncomfortable she wakes up screaming. She doesn’t just whimper and cry a little when she wakes up, its usually this loud and sometimes scary scream followed by crying and more screaming.

Last night was horrible! She woke up about midnight in this same way. She was rolling around in her bed (looked like in pain) and she could not be comforted. She didn’t want to be held, or rocked, or given a drink, or even have her back rubbed. Her eyes weren’t really open either which led me to believe she could be sleeping still and maybe just having a nightmare. She’s not usually this bad, but it was so hard to watch and hear. Justin took her from me after trying for about 10 minutes and tried to rock her. She didn’t seem to have a fever, but because she looked like she may be in pain I gave her some Tylenol just in case.

After another 10 minutes or so of Justin rocking her (he thought she had fallen back to sleep) she sat straight up and said “down”. Just set her down and I could her little feet hitting the ground as she walked to her bedroom and climbed in bed. So odd… but she went to sleep after a few whimpers.

I’m just out of ideas. I don’t know what to do to help her sleep or even what it is that causes her to get up still. She’s 18 months (almost) and although we put her in bed much earlier, she sleeps from 9:30-7 and if we’re lucky takes one nap during the day between 30min – 1 hour which is not enough sleep for her age.

I just feel so bad for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment