Labels

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Are We There Yet?

I’m not talking about a long trip (or even a short trip that seems long because the girls are crying/fighting)… I’m talking about babies!

I have 1.5 days of work left until my maternity leave officially begins and I am both excited and anxious for what that means.

The initial thoughts of “relaxing” and “sleeping in” which sound so appealing are just wishful thinking for me. With a 3 year old and 1 ½ year old running around (not to mention some intense potty training efforts to come) I don’t see myself relaxing much. I guess I could consider myself sleeping in because instead of being up at 6:30 AM I get to sleep until 7:30 AM before Jordan comes to the side of my bed with a finger in my eye or her stuffed pushed to my face.

I don’t get the luxury of lying back with my feet up and watching TV or reading. However, the more I think about how much I really have to do while I’m on maternity leave I do feel a sense of relief.

There is such anxiety about waking up every morning and being alone, with nothing to do except anticipate when you’ll go into labor. Every small cramp or odd feeling sends a rush of “is this it?” I don’t think I’ll have much time to worry about that! For this I am thankful, but also nervous as to what that means for my poor tired body. Will I have the time I need to rest and relax before I have 3 of them? Here are some things I need to get done in the following 2-3 weeks (this is with the assumption little Eli will come early like the first 2)

Potty Train Taylor Fully (no more diapers!)
Deep cleaning/disinfecting of all toys and surfaces I can find
Buy all the things left I need (bassinet, diapers, tons of batteries etc)
Prepare/freeze meals (I heard this is a good idea, but I look forward to this the least)
Buy large Tupper wear to store the aforementioned meals (I’ve always wanted to use that word…I hope I used it correctly)
Due to nesting… probably re-clean everything 5 times
Help my sister in her delivery (My niece is due in 12 days!) AND after baby assistance
Get Jordan to sleep through the night in her bed without an hour long power struggle
Help Justin finish his last 3 classes for graduation at the end of May (WOOOO)
Keep my sanity

Although looking at that list does make me feel rather anxious, it’s good to know that in a few weeks I’ll be holding my little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment