Labels

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Citizenship and Angry Veins

I had yet another blood draw today.  For some reason my veins were not a fan of this and my blood was barely dripping which made for a long process with several pokes on several veins.
Before you go assuming the nurse didn’t know what she was doing or something please know she is the same nurse that always does it and she is fabulous and we’ve never had this problem before.  I love Dr. L’s whole office and staff (and yes I just got defensive).
Sometime between poke 1 and poke 2 I heard a familiar voice and was excited to see JZ (the translator) who was there with another couple.  I said hi as he passed in the hall and he stopped in to say hi and read me a super sweet email from my IP (intended parents).  I really do love my IP.
I have had several people ask me recently about the citizenship of the baby (babies) and to be honest I’m exactly sure how it will work.  Although biologically the babies are 100% the Intended Mom and Intended Father I’m not sure how that works.  I do know sometime before the birth there is something done that gives the IP legal parental rights to their baby.
So since it is all theirs AND they are considered the legal parents my guess is the babies will be Chinese citizens, but that is purely a guess.
For those of you that do not know my IP are from China (born and raised).  Which is one of the exciting parts about this pregnancy to begin with…I get to deliver a Chinese baby!
And just a general update on the pregnancy…
My HCG levels are now at 19,000! That’s a massive jump from last week which is great news.  I have an ultrasound scheduled for 12/27 to hear the little (and rapid) heartbeat(s) for the first time and hopefully get to see how many little ones I have in there.
Also coming sometime this week (or maybe early next) I have a surrogacy FAQ I’ve been working on for a couple of weeks.  All of the questions (well most of the questions) I’ve been asked by people over last few weeks, usually by several different people.  So if you have anything you want to know or questions you’ve been dying to ask please let me know and I’ll be happy to respond!

No comments:

Post a Comment