Labels

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August, Oh August

I'll be picking a winner for the free goodies on Thursday, so if you haven't entered yet make sure you leave a comment on this blog.  The winner will be announced Friday.

My favorite season by far is Summer.  I hate being cold.  I love the sun.  The hot sun.  I love that my kids can run around outside to their hearts content without shivering.  I love that we can go swimming or go to the beach. I love snow cones.  I need to make snow cones tonight.

I really love summer.

When August began my heart got a little sad.  This means summer is coming to an end! Well officially it doesn’t do that until September 22nd (which happens to be my little sister’s bday – happy birthday little sis – you end summer!!), but we know it will start cooling down sooner.

For most of you this is probably exciting news (my husband is one of those).  For me, I will miss it.

There is some hope.  August itself has some of the best birthday’s ever (you know who you are - and without cheating I can say Tracy, Quinn, Allyson, Bryan, Sam, and Meguna).  And that makes me happy.  I also get to see Brian Regan live and end my version of summer with an awesome camping trip.

The thing that makes summer ending most tolerable is that fall shows will start back up.  I love me some fall shows:

  • Community
  • Big Bang Theory
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Psyche
  • Grimm
  • Once Upon A Time
  • Raising Hope
  • The Office
  • Up All Night
  • Parks and Rec
  • New Girl
  • CSI
  • Happy Endings
  • 30 Rock
I will however miss The River, Terra Nova, and House.  Good bye friends.

I am not actually sure of all those are coming back, and after typing them all out I’m realizing that although that is the only TV we watch…it adds up – about 8 hours a week, that’s not horrible right?

The end of summer for us also sparks a new chapter in our lives with our first baby starting school.  Wow…I’m going to have a Kindergartener! Also, please pray for my baby girl.  She's having a hard time with just the thought of starting school and she's been very emotional.  I keep reassuring her, but she is nervous and scared about what's coming despite all the good stuff I tell her about school. She starts next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment