Labels

Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan #1

So I'm sorry to say my starting week will not be the most helpful.  I honestly debated on waiting until next week, but then I figured I could use a trial run to figure out how I want to do it anyway.

Why is this week bad you ask? Well because we'll be camping this weekend (short menu for the week) AND although I will post the sales list for the week I did not actually do any shopping this week and instead based my meal plan on things I had in my cupboard that I needed to get rid of before we go camping.  Sorry!

I guess it’s as good a time as any to mention that it is ALWAYS good to stock up on items that have a long shelf life and go on sale for great prices like last week at Ralphs jars of Ragu and BBQ sauce were only $1! Hint: this is why my menu looks like it does now.  Sorry again.  But here is a mini menu and kind of what you can expect for weeks to come.

You may also note that lunch is not included.  That’s because I don’t plan lunch since I’m at work Justin does it.  You will also not see items on the shopping list for lunch since that is typically handled by Justin.

Important Note: This plan is based on a budget of $200 for 2 weeks worth of food.  $150 is for dinner and breakfast with $50 being set aside for lunch items (not included here). 

SALE INFORMATION

Ralphs
Stater Bros
Chicken Breast
$1.97

Peaches
$0.99

Tomatoes
$0.99

Avocados
$0.50

Pasta
$0.50

Bread/Buns
$1.00

Ground Beef

$2.49
London Broil

$2.99
Chicken (bone)

$0.99
BBQ Sauce

$1.50
Grapes

$0.89
Nectarines

$0.99


MEAL PLAN


Breakfast
Dinner
Monday
Cereal
Fruit
2 lbs Chicken
1 Bottle BBQ Sauce
3 Ears of Corn
Bread
Tuesday
6 Packs Oatmeal
Fruit
6 Chicken Patties
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
½ lb Mozzarella
Salad
Wednesday
3 slices of bread
3 Eggs
3 Slices of Cheese
Tri Tip
3 lbs Tri Tip
1 box potatoes
Thursday
6 Packs Oatmeal
Fruit
Spinach Ravioli
½ bag spinach ravioli
Salad
Friday
6 Eggs
3 Yogurt
CAMPING
Saturday
CAMPING
CAMPING
Sunday
CAMPING
CAMPING



SHOPPING LIST

Sorry none this week – these were all items I had.  I will also put the total amount I plan on spending here when I do actually have a shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment